Spokane County Assessor
Monday - Thursday 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM,
Friday 8:30 AM - 1 PM.
Our Appraisal staff will be available & in the office
Wednesdays from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
A Message from the Assessor
January 23, 2014
2014 Levy Certification
The assessor’s office calculates levy rates each January. The levy calculations are based on the amount of money requested by each taxing district. The assessor calculates the request as a rate or levy within statutory limitations. There are voted levies and non-voted levies (regular levies). In Spokane County for 2014 tax collections, 53.47 percent are non-voted levies and 46.53 percent are voted levies.
The assessor certifies the levy rates and tax collection amounts to the county treasurer based on information from each district. The county treasurer collects the taxes for all districts, which includes all municipalities. Each taxing district spends property tax revenue according to their statutory responsibilities and financial obligations....read more...
- Revalue all real property parcels to market value annually.
- Inspect all real property parcels at least once every 6 years.
- Maintain inventory, description, ownership, sales and geographical information system mapping information for all county property parcels.
- Prepare annual statement of assessed valuations, tax rates and taxes levied within the various taxing districts of Spokane County.
- Provide information, education, and assistance.
- Provide public computer access to assessment data.
- Allocate value to taxing districts, calculate levy rates, and certify the tax roll to the Treasurer.
- Administer and provide information for property tax exemptions and deferrals:
- Senior citizen and disabled persons Property Tax Exemption
- Current Use Farm & Agriculture, Open Space, Forest Land, and Timber
- Historic properties
- Residential home improvement
- Defends assessments before the Board of Equalization, State Board of Tax Appeals & courts.