Substance Abuse Treatment
312 West 8th Avenue
Spokane, WA 99204
Contact Us
Christine Barada, Director
Print this page 
Email this page to a friend 

Substance Abuse Treatment

Considering Substance Abuse Treatment?

Substance abuse and addiction are part of “behavioral health” and are just as important as physical health problems.  If you have a Provider One card and Medicaid coverage (Apple Health), your treatment is free if you go to a contracted provider offering Medicaid services.  Please see a list of our contracted providers in the attachment below.  If you have purchased insurance or your employer provides insurance, check with your insurance company for the cost of copayments, deductibles, and if there are in-network providers.

Chemical dependency services include brief screening, chemical dependency assessment, detoxification, sobering, outpatient treatment for adults and youth, and opiate substitution therapy (Methadone or Suboxone).  We have service providers who specialize in the needs of people who have both a substance abuse problem and a mental health diagnosis.  Parents with Medicaid coverage can access free childcare services while they are in treatment.  If you are pregnant or an intravenous drug user, you have high priority in the Medicaid system for accessing immediate treatment services.

2015 List of Contracted Treatment Providers

Request for Proposals

Spokane County Regional Support Network (SCRSN), a division of Spokane County Community Services, Housing, and Community Development Department, is releasing a solicitation for Community Based Outpatient and Intensive Outpatient Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Treatment for Medicaid eligible Adult Offenders under the Supervision of the Department of Corrections (DOC).

A Mandatory Bidders Conference will be held December 7, 2015 from 3:00PM through 4:30PM at Spokane County Community Services Building, 312 W. 8th Ave., Spokane, WA. 5th floor conference room. Questions related to this solicitation will be addressed at the Conference.

* Spokane County RSN RFP Solicitation SUD Treatment for Adult Offenders under DOC
* Attachment A - PREA
* Attachment B - RSN Admin-Finance Scoring Worksheet
* Attachment C - Narrative Responses Scoring Worksheet
* Attachment D - Required Narrative Responses
* Attachment E - Declaration Form
* Attachment F - Financial Budget Worksheet
* Checklist


Apply to be a Chemical Dependency Treatment Provider:

Contact Information
All inquiries can be directed to:
Charisse Pope, Spokane County Drug/Alcohol Coordinator
Spokane County Community Services,
Housing and Community Development Department 
312 W. 8th Ave
Spokane, WA 99204-2506
Phone: (509) 477-4507   Fax: (509) 477-4541
TDD Relay Service of Washington: (800) 833-6384

Hotline Phone Numbers:
Washington Recovery Helpline (866) 789-1511
Teen Link (866) 833-6546
1st Call for Help (509) 838-4651

Treatment services for low income people addicted to drugs and alcohol are supported with funding from state and federal sources.  Spokane County contracts with certified chemical dependency treatment agencies to provide treatment services.  These services are available at no cost for people with Provider One Medicaid eligibility and low cost for others who have incomes less than 220% of the federal poverty level.