IF A CRIME OR OTHER SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW DO NOT USE THIS FORM !! CALL 9-1-1.
This form is NOT for reporting any "in-progress" activity. This system does not connect to Law Enforcement dispatch. CALL 9-1-1 for a life-threatening criminal or suspicious activity in-progress.
Only certain crime report information can be taken online. Other crimes must be reported by phone with Crime Check at 456-2233 and still others must be taken in person by Law Enforcement. The link to file an online report is found at the end of this page.
The Crime must have occurred in Spokane County to be reported online with Crime Check. Currently you can make the following reports online:
- Custodial Interference
- Garage Burglary
- Harassment (NON-DV)
- Malicious Mischief (Vandalism)
- Theft of Bike
- Threat (NON-DV)
- Trespassing (NON-DV)
- and Vehicle Prowling
Check the following referral phone numbers for additional assistance. What you are requesting assistance with may not require a web or police report. County/City Referral Phone List
Non-DV means that the crime you're reporting is NOT related to/or committed by a person with whom you have a domestic relationship as described.
- Lost Firearms: Call Crime Check at 456-2233.
- Lost Property: The only Lost Property reports accepted (online or by phone with Crime Check) are those involving items which can be used in Theft of Identity.
If you answer "yes" to any of the questions below, your information CANNOT be taken online. Call 911 or Crime Check at 456-2233 as noted. Do you...
- Believe that you are in imminent danger of physical harm due to the crime you are attempting to report? If yes, dial 911 and have them determine whether your information can be taken online.
- Know that the crime occurred within the last 15 minutes or there is a suspect still in the area? If yes, dial 911.
- Believe that this crime was committed due to hate/bias against you, another person or a business? Call 911 if suspect is still on scene, call Crime Check 456-2233 if there is no imminent danger.
- Believe that this crime was committed due to a past or current domestic relationship (This includes ANY current or former: roommate, spouse, child, mother, father, brother, sister,and anyone with whom you've had even ONE date or instance of sexual activity.)
- Have information on a crime that is going to happen? If yes, call 911 if in progress, call Crime Check 456-2233 if there is no imminent danger.
- Want to report that your vehicle was stolen, or an attempt to steal it was made? If yes, dial 911 if it occurred in the last 15 minutes otherwise call Crime Check 456-2233.
- Have any evidence to be collected that is perishable or will be lost if there is a delay picking it up? If yes, call Crime Check 456-2233.
- Wish to give this information anonymously? If yes, call 911 if in progress, call Crime Check 456-2233 if there is no imminent danger.
- Wish to report a juvenile runaway? If yes, call Crime Check.
After you complete the report form, you may print a copy of the submitted information. However, submission of information does not guarantee that a police report will be made. You may not provide this submission as "proof" of a police report being taken. The only legal copy of a police report must be obtained from the Records Department by calling 625-4030.
It will be helpful to gather brand name, model name and number, serial number, color, and estimated current "garage sale value" of the stolen, lost, or damaged items. If you don't have this information readily available, but you are able to obtain it later, you can add it by calling Crime Check at 456-2233.
Note: The preferred Internet browsers for the online report form are Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x or higher or Firefox. These browsers are most compatible with the programming of the form.
Anywhere you see this symbol there is information or an example given to aid you. The questions with asterisks (*) require an answer for submission of your information.
For a report of vehicle prowling or malicious mischief to a vehicle within the jurisdictions of City of Spokane, Spokane County Sheriff and City of Spokane Valley Police, please note in your narrative if you wish to have the Volunteer Fingerprint Team attempt to take fingerprints from your vehicle. The Volunteer Fingerprint Teams work Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and will only respond on vehicles still within those jurisdictions.
To fill out an on-line report, click here.
Authorized institutions can report minor assaults that occur at the institution. If you meet the qualifications of an authorized institution, law enforcement would have given you a login name and password.
If you feel you qualify as a valid institution and would like access to this assault form, please send your request to:
Spokane County & City of Spokane Valley
Captain Jim Goodwin -- Spokane County Sheriff's Office
1100 W Mallon
Spokane, WA 99260
1620 N Rebecca
Spokane, WA 99217
Call 911 for any institution assault where any of the following are true:
- the institution wants the suspect removed from the facility or
- serious bodily injury occurs or
- a weapon was used or
- this was a sexual assault or
- the institution wants to press charges.
Click here to report an institutional assault.