County Commissioner Al French has been elected President of the Municipal Research and Services Center of Washington (MRSC). His term in office is from July 2014 until July 2015. "MRSC provides critical assistance to elected officials and staff of cities, counties and special purpose districts across the state to assist them in the pursuit of excellence in governmental services to the citizens of this great state. I consider it to be an honor to serve as the President for the MRSC Board and the many in this state that rely on MRSC's cutting edge services," French said.
According to MRSC’s Executive Director Tracy Burrows, Commissioner French will lead the organization’s board of directors in establishing priorities and policy direction. “Commissioner French’s thoughtful consideration of the complex issues that face MRSC and local governments in general, has been a great asset. We are looking forward to his continuing leadership in his role as President,” Burrows said.
Once his term as MRSC President has concluded, French will automatically transition to the position of Past President for the following year.
MRSC is a non-profit organization that was created in 1969 to continue programs that were established in 1934 under the Bureau of Governmental Research at the University of Washington. MRSC's mission is to promote excellence in local government by providing professional consultation, research and information services. MRSC responds to more than 6,500 requests for assistance annually, saving local governments an estimated $7.65 million per year on legal, research and administrative costs. The organization is governed by a volunteer board of directors drawn from local government and the community-at-large.
MRSC Board of Directors - July 2014 to July 2015
• Al French, Spokane County Commissioner, President
• Chuck Johnson, City of East Wenatchee Councilmember, Past President
• Charlie Bush, City of Issaquah Deputy City Administrator, Vice President
• John Caulfield, City of Lakewood City Manager, Secretary
• Daniel Bigelow, Wahkiakum County Prosecutor, Director
• Pat Bosmans, City of Des Moines City Attorney, Director
• Pam Carter, Valley View Sewer District Commissioner, Director
• Jane Christenson, City of Redmond Deputy City Administrator, Director
• Arlene Fisher, City of Mountlake Terrace City Manager, Director
• Glenn Johnson, City of Pullman Mayor, Director
• Cathy Mulhall, Chelan County Administrator, Director
• Ed Stern, City of Poulsbo Councilmember, Director
• Carolann Swartz, Grant County Commissioner, Director
• Steve Taylor, City of Kelso City Manager, Director
• Tom Vance, City of Sammamish Councilmember, Director
-# # #-