Spring has sprung and the ORV season has begun! The Liberty Lake ORV Park riding season begins on Sunday, May 19th with special opening-day activities from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
Spokane County Parks Education and Enforcement Program Partners will hold the fourth annual Safe Rider Awareness Day in conjunction with local motorcycle group PANTRA’s Annual Kids Ride Fun Run. Special thanks to this year’s event prize sponsors Allsport, Allen’s Cycle from Spokane, Coeur d’Alene Powersports, Gunmetal Gems, Motion Sports, Off-Road Vixens, Specialty Recreation and Marine, and The Dirt Bike School. Look forward to the following events during the day:
• Learn more about the Education and Enforcement (E&E) Program – made possible through the Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office NOVA Grant Program. (Local program partners include: Spokane County Sheriff’s Department; Sheriff’s Mounted Patrol; Trail Markers horse group; SCOPE and Spokane County Parks, Recreation and Golf Department.)
• Talk with PANTRA Dirt Bike Club Members and Spokane County’s Park Ranger and Sheriff Deputies who actually patrol the ORV Park. Also, meet the horseback riders and their trusty steeds from Trail Markers and Sheriff Mounted Patrol who ride Spokane County Park’s non-motorized trails providing educational information, assistance, or just say, “howdy”. These dedicated professionals and committed volunteers work very hard to minimize user conflicts and encourage sustainable access to your favorite outdoor activity areas. If you get the chance make sure you say, thanks for all they do?
• Complementary vehicle safety checks will be offered including noise and spark arrestor testing, brake and lighting system and required rider equipment checks.
• Maps and guided tours around the motorized and non-motorized park areas are available upon request.
• Park Ranger Bryant Robinson will provide coffee and doughnuts in the morning to help “kick-start” your day! – See you there!
What: Liberty Lake ORV Park’s 4th Annual Season Kick-Off
When: Sunday May 19th
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Where: Liberty Lake ORV Park
• From I-90 take Liberty Lake exit #296. At the stoplight, continue east on Appleway for approx. 1 mile.
• Turn right onto Molter and drive south approximately 1.3 miles to Valleyway.
• Turn left onto Valleyway and continue east past/between the two golf courses.
• Eventually, as you drive into the hills, Valleyway turns into Lakeside heading south; continue on Lakeside (stay left at the fork).
• After approximately two miles, you will see a silver water tank on your right.
• Turn right just after the silver water tank onto a gravel road called Idaho Road.
• Drive for approximately 1/4 mile on Idaho Road to the Liberty Lake ORV Park parking lot (will be on your left).
-# # #-