Park Level of Service
(For Spokane County Community and Regional Parks only)
The following level of service will be in effect from May 22nd through September 13th, 2015. All parks are open "for access" seasonally from April 15th through October 15th. No services will be provided after September 13th, 2015. NOTE: Walk-in access to Spokane County's Parks is permitted year-round subject to posted rules and hours.
2015 Park Level of Service in Detail*
Parks will open "for access" on April 15th and remain open through October 15th. Services will be provided May 22nd through September 13th as follows:
- Garbage collection and disposal will be provided.
- Restroom cleaning will occur 1-3 times per week.
- Lawn Care (Fertilizer Application and Aeration) will be limited.
- Staff will continue to respond to reports of vandalism, but response times may increase.
- Miscellaneous inspections of equipment and facilities such as fences, signs, backstops, drinking fountains, play equipment, benches, tables, and garbage cans will occur 1-3 times per week.
- Tree maintenance and shrub care will be limited.
- Parking lots will be swept and graded not less that once a year.
- Weed trimming will be limited.
- Irrigation of lawn areas will be provided.
- Visits to inspect & adjust sprinklers, time clocks, address dry spots, and complete minor irrigation repairs will occur 1-3 times per week.
- Noxious weed control will be completed as mandated by law within the Department’s capabilities.
- Electricity will be activated**; Tripped breakers may not be reset for days.
*Parks facilities may not provide the amenities or services listed above. Please see Spokane County Parks website for more detail on individual facilities and associated services and amenities provided. Services may be greater than listed above when resources allow.
**With the exception of Bear Lake Regional Park.