Long Range Planning
Spokane County's Long Range Planning Program is engaged in preparation, maintenance and update of the Spokane County Comprehensive Plan and Urban Growth Area (UGA) boundary that guides future development of the County and its UGA. The Comprehensive Plan includes land use, capital facilities planning, transportation, housing, rural, and other chapters that address the needs of Spokane County for the next 20 years and ensures compliance with the Growth Management Act (GMA). Long Range Planning is responsible for annual updates of the Comprehensive Plan map and text, revision of regulations to maintain consistency with the Comprehensive a Plan and provides resource assistance to the Board of County Commissioners, Steering Committee of Elected Officials, and the Planning Commission.
Recent projects include:
- Shoreline Master Plan Update
- Joint Land Use Study for Fairchild Air Force Base
- 10 year update of the Urban Growth Area
- Voluntary Stewardship Program
- Environmental Analysis (DSEIS) for the 10 year Comprehensive Plan Update
- 2011 Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Interim Zoning Ordinance
LAND USE CATEGORIES
You can find information on the Spokane County land use categories here: What Are the Land Use Categories
This page was last edited 1/14/2015 11:11:31 AM .