Spokane Regional Health District Board
Purpose of the Spokane Regional Health District Board
The Spokane Regional Health District's Board of Health is the governing body of the Health District, uniting the cities and county in a cooperative effort to oversee all matters pertaining to public health.
Spokane Regional Health District's Board of Health webpage
Spokane Regional Health District, 1101 W. College Ave, Spokane WA, Rooms 320-321
Meets the fourth Thursday of every month at 12:30 pm
Term: Citizen positions serve 4 year terms.
- Three members of the County legislative authority
- Three members of the City Council of the City of Spokane from among its elected membership
- Two members of the City Council of the City of Spokane Valley from among its elected membership
- One member acting as a representative of the cities and towns within Spokane County, other than the City of Spokane or the City of Spokane Valley, to be selected by mutual agreement of the mayors of the cities and towns from their elected membership
- Three non-elected members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners of Spokane County. One non-elected member shall be an individual appointed by the Board of County Commissioners from a list of nominees submitted by each County Commissioner
The Board creates and promotes prudent health policy, ensures compliance with all applicable chapters of state law and invites participation by all persons and organizations interested in public health. The Board adopts local ordinances and resolutions and approves budgets.
Meets monthly for an average of 2 hours per meeting.
Spokane County Code/WAC & RCW References
State RCW 70.05.070, State RCW 70.46.031