Work Release Program
The Work Release program is an alternative sentencing option that allows an offender to continue their employment and treatment while incarcerated at Geiger Corrections Center. Offenders are allowed to leave the facility to work, attend treatment or other authorized activities in order to maintain community ties.
Offenders participating in Work Release are supervised by a case manager who completes a needs assessment and directs offenders to the appropriate treatment services and structured programs. Case managers monitor the offenders to ensure program compliance and completion. Random drug testing is used to identify illegal drugs or alcohol consumption. Offenders participating in Work Release are required to pay $15 per day to defer incarceration costs.
Work Release Requirements:
- Court authorization for Work Release
- 7-day minimal sentence to participate
- Sentenced on all pending charges
- No active warrants
- Verifiable, stable employment
- Program fees consist of $15 per day. The first two weeks ($210) must be paid in advance
- Provide random urine and breath samples on demand for testing
- Comply with court ordered / case manager treatment plan