Young women between the ages of 18 to 24 years of age are encouraged to compete for the title of Miss Spokane Interstate Rodeo each year. Contestants must be single, never married, and have the ability to travel. Contestants must not be (or ever have been) pregnant. Contestants must also be able to sit a saddle, ride, pack flags, chase cattle, and speak at public functions as they represent the Spokane Interstate Rodeo. To culminate this great experience Miss Spokane Interstate Rodeo has the opportunity to compete for the title of Miss Rodeo Washington in Ellensburg in September. Miss Rodeo Washington has the opportunity to then compete for the title of Miss Rodeo America held prior to the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas, Nevada in December each year.
2016 MSIR Pageant Application
2016 MSIR Pageant Additional Information
The 2015 Pageant will be held on January 24. If you are interested in being placed on our mailing list for ticket information or an application for the 2015 Pageant, please e-mail your name and mailing address to JMcLaughlin@spokanecounty.org or call us at (509) 477-2772.
JANUARY 24, 2015 (Closed to the Public)
- 8:00 a.m. - Written Test at Spokane County Fair and Expo Center (Concessions Garden).
- 9:00 a.m. - Judge's Personal Interviews at SCF&EC (Livestock Office).
- 11:30 a.m. - Contestant luncheon with the Judges.
JANUARY 24, 2015 (Open to the Public)
- 1:00 a.m. - Horsemanship Contest at the SCF&EC (Indoor Arena).
- Following Horsemanship - Speeches, impromptu questions, and modeling at SCF&EC (Con. Garden).
- Following Speeches - Coronation of 2015 Miss Spokane Interstate Rodeo.
The following individuals competed for the title of Miss Spokane Interstate Rodeo on January 24, 2015.
- Madi Casto of Otis Orchards Washington
- Breanna Howell of Cheney, Washington
- Courtney Montgomery of Medical Lake Washington
Additional Responsibilities of MSIR
Should MSIR become pregnant / married during her reign, she will immediately forfeit her crown and title. As an ambassador, MSIR will agree not to use alcohol, tobacco, or illegal substances, abuse over the counter or prescription drugs, engage in gossip or lying, make defamatory or slanderous comments concerning others, exhibit racial insensitivity, use inappropriate language or participate in other conduct unbecoming her title. It is the duty and obligation of MSIR to practice the highest moral standards. MSIR will not cohabitate with anyone of the opposite sex other than her immediate family. MSIR will not be accompanied by her boyfriend when making required appearances or while wearing her crown and banner. MSIR must certify that she has never posed nude or semi-nude for any sexually explicit or compromising pictures, files, publications or movies, and has never been convicted of a felony. MSIR will guarantee that tattoos will be covered by appropriate clothing and piercings may not be on any visible part of your body, tongue, nose, eyebrow or body part. MSIR shall portray the ideals of young womanhood and set an example of personal and moral conduct that is above reproach as determined by the Spokane County Fair and Expo Center. MSIR is expected to maintain a positive attitude. MSIR must act, speak, and dress according to the prestige the title of MSIR deserves. MSIR must keep herself neat, clean and well groomed at all times. Clothes must be cleaned and pressed and she must be in western attire complete with banner, belt buckle and tiara at each event, meeting or appointment. Horse and tack shall be presentable and in proper working order at all times.
2015 Pageant Awards and Winners
The 2015 Pageant will be held at the Spokane County Fair and Expo Center on January 24. Crowned as the 2015 MSIR was TBA. Additional awards winners are as follows -
- Interview (sponsored by TBA) - TBA
- Congeniality (sponsored by TBA) - TBA
- Horsemanship (sponsored by Indiana Harness) - TBA
- Most Photogenic (sponsored by TBA) - TBA
- Speech (sponsored by TBA) - TBA
- Impromptu Questions / Modeling (sponsored by TBA) - TBA
- Written Test (sponsored by TBA) - TBA
2014 MSIR, Katherine Merck, received the following awards -
- Tiara (made by Tres Rios Silver and originally sponsored by RV Craig Construction)
- Buckle (made by Tres Rios Silver)
- Sash / Banner / Business Cards (supplied by Spokane County Fair & Expo Center)
- Sash Pin (donated by 2010 Miss Spokane Interstate Rodeo - Emily Houger)
- Chaps (made by Indiana Harness and originally sponsored by Alder Chiropractic)
- Serape (made by Indiana Harness and originally sponsored by Alder Chiropractic)
- Photo Package
- Roses (supplied by Costco Wholesale)
- Trailer Magnets (supplied by Spokane County Fair and Expo Center)