2014 Logo and Artwork
The Spokane County Interstate Fair has had many good themes over the years with their accompanying artwork. Early on, fair staff and management identified animals as one of the main reasons people come to the Fair each year and focused their advertising in the late 1970's and early 1980's around them. During this time frame, the Fair went through a phase of barnyard noise themes including "Yum Yum - Yahoo - Oink," "Ee-igh Ee-igh, Oh," and "Quack-a-Doodle-Oink".
In the late 1990's the fair turned its attention again to livestock creating its own "farm family" which extended into the first few years of the new millennium.
- 1998 - Legs Benedict (chicken) with "Boot Scoot Your Boogie to the Fair"
- 1999 - Francis Blazing Bacon (hog) with "The Real Squeal Deal"
- 2000 - Moodonna (dairy cow) with "The Mooollennium Fair"
- 2001 - Hareley Rabbitson (rabbit), Mulecedes Ben (mule), and P.T. Goatster (goat) with "Ride the Interstate"
- 2002 - Wooly Nelson (llama) and Britney Shears (alpaca) with "Wooly Wooly Good Times"
- 2003 - Tommie Lee Bones (dog) and Hoof Daddy (horse) with "More Than Just a Dog and Pony Show"
- 2004 - Dodger (lamb) with "Flock to the Fair; We'll See Ewe There"
In 2005, now having covered almost all of the animals shown at the Interstate Fair, the themes were then centered around other exhibits that could be found at the fair annually.
- 2005 - "Find the Sun at the Fair" with an emphasis on the floral department and sunflowers
- 2006 - "Bushels of Fun for Everyone" with an emphasis on the agriculture building
- 2007 - "UnBEElievably Fun for Everyone" with an emphasis on the bees and honey department
- 2008 - "We've Got a Good Thing Growing" with an emphasis on the floral, livestock, and horticulture departments and featuring a pig named "Paisley"
- 2009 - "We've Got Something to Crow About" with an emphasis on the poultry department and featuring a very proud rooster strutting amongst bushels of harvested crops
- 2010 - "It's an AG-Venture" featuring a dairy cow driving a combine in front of a colorful ferris wheel and the Fair and Expo Center's signature silo.
- 2011 - "Carats of Fun" celebrating the Interstate Fair's 60th Anniversary in its current location of Broadway and Havana. The artwork featured a carrot-eating rabbit in front of a large diamond.
- 2012 - "Experience the Ride" featuring several farm animals riding in a roller coaster. The artwork was created by artist Lisa Rasmussen (Designs by Lisa).
- 2013 - "Ridin', Rockin', and Livestockin'" showcased the many different things to do and see while attending the Interstate Fair.
This year's artwork began its creation after it was determined that 2014 would mark the 75th Anniversary of the Wizard of Oz. This year's theme is "There's No Place Like the Fair'". If you look close, the artwork has several of the features one might find in Wizard of Oz artwork beginning with Spokane's very own "Emerald City" in the background. The two buildings on the left are silhouettes of buildings at the Fair and Expo Center. The two buildings on the right are silhouettes of buildings found at Expo 74 which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year. The Wizard came to Oz via a hot air balloon and not only does our artwork have a hot air balloon but it ties in the well-known rainbow (Somewhere Over the Rainbow) into its coloring. Poppies and a Yellow-Brick Road are also found...our Yellow Brick Road just happens to provide extreme fun for four animal characters in the form of a Giant Slide. Finally, the characters "Click Their Heels" with ruby-red cowboy boots. The artwork was created by Lisa Rasmussen (Designs by Lisa) who also created the 2012 artwork. Special effects were then added by graphic designer Michael Bagley.