Holmberg Conservation Area
The property contains 104 acres adjacent to the west side of Holmberg Park. It is located along the east-facing slopes of Five Mile Prairie and provides a portion of a possible trail system around the prairie. The terrain ranges from gently rolling to very steep and from open space to heavily forested. The easternmost 9.5 acres are rolling to fairly level while the western 40 acres consist of steep timberland. The land provides a natural trail and wildlife corridor for various species of mammals and birds.
- Wildlife habitat
- Nature trails
- Equestrian trails
- Cross-country skiing
- Dogs can be disruptive to wildlife and must be kept on a leash at all times while in the conservation area.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted at any time in the conservation area.
- Hunting and/or shooting are not permitted at any time in the conservation area.
- No campfires are permitted in the conservation area.
- Exit at Division Street, exit 281
- Drive north on Division for approximately 6 miles
- Stay left on US Highway 395 North
- Turn left (west) on Holland Road 1/2 mile north of the 'Y'
- Stay straight on Holland, across Wall, to Holmberg Park on the right
- The property expands Holmberg Park on the west hillside
- Parking is available in Holmberg Park
Click here for a location and site map of the Holmberg Conservation Area (739 KB pdf) Full size print-out is 11 x 17, but can be scaled to 8.5 x 11.
Special attractions at the Holmberg Natural and Open Space Area include:
- Easy to steep hiking trails throughout entire property
- Adjacent to Holmberg city park
- Protected buffer for Five Mile Prairie