- Member - American Bar Association, Washington State Bar Association, Spokane County Bar Association
- Admitted Supreme Court of the State of Washington 1973
- Admitted United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington, 1974.
- Gonzaga University, School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1973;
- President, Class of 1973.
- Washington State University, 1961-1962. President, Class of 1965.
- Eastern Washington State University, Bachelor of Arts Degree, 1965; President, Off Campus Student Organization.
- Legal Intern - Morrison, Huppin, Ewing & Anderson Parkade Plaza, Spokane, WA, May 1971 - November 1972.
- Law Clerk - United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington, Spokane, WA. Served under Marshall A. Neill, Chief Judge, November 1972 - December 1974.
- Assistant Attorney General, State of Washington - Consumer Protection, Education Law, and Counsel to Department of Social and Health Services, January 1975 - December 1977.
- Judge - District Court, State of Washington, County of Spokane, WA, January 1978 - September 1985.
- Judge - Superior Court, State of Washington, County Spokane, October 1985 - January 2003.
- Judge Pro Tem - Washington State Court of Appeals, Division I, Able Project, 1987.
- Magistrate Pro Tem - United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington, 1983 - Present.
- Principal – Judicial Mediation Group Civil Law Mediation and Arbitration Service 538 East Trent, Spokane, WA January 2003 – Present
- Member - American Bar Association.
- Past President - Association of District and Municipal Court Judges, State of Washington, September 1983 - 1985.
- Past President - Superior Court Judges Association, State of Washington, 1999-2000.
- Commission Member - Judicial Qualifications Commission, State of Washington 1982 - 1984.
- Board Member, Board of Judicial Administration, State of Washington, 1985. Co-chair, 2000 - 2001.
- Past Chair - Superior Court Judges’ Education Committee.
- Member - Board of Trustees, Superior Court Judges’ Association, State of Washington.
- Past Chair - Board of Trial Court Education, State of Washington, 1987.
- Former President - Young Lawyers Section, Spokane County (Continued) Bar Association, 1977 - 1978.
- Who’s Who in American Law, 1982 - Present.
- Who’s Who in United States, 1984 - Present.
- Contributing Author - Family Law Deskbook - Marriage, Washington State Bar Association - 1989; update 1998.
- Member - Washington State Supreme Court Task Force on Minority and Justice, 1987 - 1991.
- Past Chair - Minority and Justice Task Force Education Committee, 1987 - 1991.
- Member - Washington State Minority and Justice Commission, 1991 - Present.
- Member Executive Committee, Chair, Evaluation, and Implementation Committee 1999 - Present.
- Delegate - American Bar Association National Convention, 1989 - 1991.
- Member - Trial Court Performance Standards Task Force, 1991.
- Chair - Access to Justice Education Committee, Washington State Bar Association, 1997 - Present.
- Recipient of the Washington State Bar Association Outstanding Judge Award 2002
- Past President - Friendly Sons of St. Patrick, Spokane, WA.
- Board Member - Spokane County Programs Administration Board, Spokane, WA, 1983 - 1985
- Member - Spokane County Corrections Advisory Board, 1980 - 1984.
- Member - Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect Advisory Board, Spokane, WA, 1974 - 1978.
- Past President - Board of Directors, Spokane Community House, Spokane, WA.
- Past Chair and member, Spokane Regional Sports Commission, 1999 to Present
- Board of Directors - Northeast Kiwanis Club, Spokane, WA, 1978 - 1983.
- Past President - Native American Legal Services, Spokane, WA, 1975 - 1978.
- Selected as Outstanding Young Man of America by JayCees International, 1979.
- Trustee - Inland Empire Board of Athletics, 1989 - Present.
- Member - Deans Business Forum Board - Gonzaga University, 1988 - Present.
- Recipient - Distinguished Alumnus Award, Eastern Washington University School of Public Affairs, 1986. Outstanding Alumnus Eastern Washington University, 1999.
- Past President - Team Spokane Track Club.
- Past President - Salk Middle School PTO.
- Vice-President - Spokane-Limerick Sister City Program.
- Member - Organizing Committee, 1989 National Junior Olympics.
- Member - National Age Group Track & Field Championships, 1990, 1998.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Eastern Washington University 2012-present
- Founder and Board of Trustees - Spokane Sports Unlimited.
- Board of Trustees - Spokane Regional Sports Commission.
- Chair- Law & Legislation Committee, USA Track & Field.
- Chair - Cultural Exchange Committee, The Athletic Congress 1999 - 2001
- Member - Board of Directors, USA Track & Field/Washington Cultural Exchange.
- Chef de Mission - USA Track & Field/China Cultural Exchange, 1988 - 1995; 1997 - 1998 - 2001.
- Certified Competition Official: 1988 Goodwill Games 1992 & 1996 Olympic Trials 1996 Centennial Olympic Games 1997 NCAA Track & Field Championships
- Team Manager - United States Team - World Youth Track & Field Championships; Warsaw, Poland, July 1999. World Indoor championships, Istanbul, Turkey, 2012 Member Drug Appeals Board - USA Track & Field
- Member - Court of Arbitration for Sport, Drug Arbitration Panel - 2000 to Present.
This page was last edited 3/13/2013 9:07:32 AM .