Billing and Payment
The Spokane County Treasurer's Office offers many convenient ways to pay your taxes.
- Pay Online: Taxes can be paid with eCheck, debit or credit card. A fee set by the vendor is charged for processing these payments. To begin the payment process, click here.
- Mail: Return original tax stubs and check or money order payable to Spokane County Treasurer, PO Box 199, Spokane, WA 99210.
- Telephone: Taxes can be paid by eCheck, debit or credit card using our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. Call our main phone number at 509-477-4713
- In Person: Payments can be made in the Treasurer's Office between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and between 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Friday except holidays. There are drop boxes within the Courthouse that are open the week before each due date.
- MoneyGram: Cash payments can be made at any MoneyGram location nationwide. There are over 40,000 retail agent locations including 12,000+ CVS Pharmacy and Walmart locations. Many with extended hours. Please contact a MoneyGram location near you for operating hours. A Spokane County Parcel number is required for making a payment which can be found on your tax statement, on our website or by calling our office at 509-477-4713. A Receiver Code (shown below) is also necessary when making a Tax or Improvement District payment at a MoneyGram location.
- Real and Personal Property Tax - Receiver Code: 14557
- Improvement District Assessment - Receiver Code: 14556
Note: Partial payments cannot be accepted without an agreement with our office. However, if you owe for more than one tax year, you may pay one year at a time.
Calendar / Due Dates
Tax statements are mailed out approximately February 15th each year. Current year first half property taxes are due by April 30th. Second half property taxes are due by October 31st. If the tax amount is less than $50.00, the entire amount is due April 30th. If the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a County observed holiday, then payment will be accepted the next business day.
If you have not received a Tax Statement, please contact us at 509-477-4713 or fill out a Statement Request form to request a copy of your current statement. Statements can also be obtained online.
Spokane County offers residents an easy and secure way to view, print and pay their real estate tax bills online. We support electronic bill presentment (viewing) and payment because it is more convenient for residents and better for the environment.
Online Bill Presentment and Payment, in partnership with Invoice Cloud, offer the following benefits:
- Easy to use
- Access, view, print and pay your bills online
- Receive email notifications prior to the due date
- Enroll in Auto-Pay or schedule a payment
- Immediate email confirmation of payment or print receipt
- Go Green - sign up for e-billing
Name and address changes for tax statements may be completed online or you can download the request form and mail it to our office. Click here for more information. Only taxpayer changes can be processed through the Treasurer's Office.
For further billing and other tax questions, contact the Treasurer's Office.
Interest / Penalties / Fees
Delinquent taxes are subject to interest and penalties.
If our office has mailed the tax statement to the address provided by the taxpayer or the taxpayer's agent (such as a closing attorney) under Washington law, we cannot waive the interest and/or penalty if the payment is late. We cannot accept a payment which is less than the amount due.
Please refer to the Assessor's Office for more information.