Revised Spokane Regional Health District Board
- 12:30 p.m.
- The 4th Thursday of every month
- Spokane Regional Health District
1101 W College Avenue
Spokane, WA 99201
- Members: 8
- Term: Two year terms
- Three members of the County legislative authority
- One member to be an elected official from a city or town within Spokane County
- One member representing public health, health care facilities, or providers, who is practicing or employed in Spokane County and is a medical ethicist; epidemiologist; experienced in environmental public health, such as a registered sanitarian; community health worker; holder of a master’s degree or higher in public health or equivalent; employee of a hospital located within Spokane County; or any of the following providers holding an active or retired license in good standing: physician or osteopathic physician, advanced registered nurse practitioner, physician assistant or osteopathic physician assistant, registered nurse, dentist, naturopath, or pharmacist.*
- One member representing consumers of public health who is a Spokane County resident who has self-identified as having faced significant health inequities or having lived experiences with public health-related programs.*
- One member representing community stakeholders who represents the following types of organizations located in Spokane County: community-based organization or nonprofit that works with populations experiencing health inequities in Spokane County; the business community; or the environmental public health regulated community.*
- One tribal member selected by the American Indian Health Commission.*
The Spokane Regional Health District's Board of Health is the governing body of the Health District, uniting the cities and county in a cooperative effort to oversee all matters pertaining to public health.
The Board creates and promotes prudent health policy, ensures compliance with all applicable chapters of state law and invites participation by all persons and organizations interested in public health. The Board adopts local ordinances and resolutions and approves budgets.
Meets monthly for an average of 2 hours per meeting.
Spokane County Code/WAC and RCW References
NEWS & UPDATES
Washington State Board of Health Revisions
The Washington State Board of Health (Board) is inviting informal public comment on draft rules to implement Engrossed Second Substitute House Bill 1152, Supporting measures to create comprehensive public health districts. As part of this legislation, the Board is tasked with adopting rules regarding the selection and appointment process for non-elected members of local boards of health.
The following draft reflects a new chapter of rule, chapter 246-90 WAC, local board of health membership. More information on the scope of the Board’s rulemaking can be found in the Board’s CR-101, Preproposal Statement of Inquiry. The Board has also created a list of frequently asked questions regarding this work that is available online.
Please send your feedback and any questions on the Board’s rulemaking to LBOHComposition@sboh.wa.gov. Feedback is due by November 19, 2021.
Staff contacts and more information on these rules can be found on the Board’s local board of health composition rulemaking web page.
Looking to fill two-year terms for the following
- Member representing public health, health care facilities, or providers.
- Spokane County Resident who has self-identified as having faced significant health inequities or having lived experiences with significant health inequities or experience with public health related programs such as SNAP, WIC, or home visiting or treatment services. Individuals from historically marginalized or underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply and will be given preference.
- Member representing community stakeholders who represents organizations located in Spokane County.