About the Developmental Disabilities Division
Spokane County Community Services Department (CSD) Developmental Disabilities Division works in partnership with the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Region 1, Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) and DSHS Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) to administer a range of specific programs by subcontracting with local agencies to provide support and services, birth through life, to people with developmental disabilities and their families. Spokane County's Developmental Disabilities Division provides:
- Child Development services for children ages birth to three years old with developmental delays or disabilities.
- Transition: School To Work and Job Foundation program services students with developmental disabilities, in their second to last and last eligible year of high school.
- Adult services to assist adults with developmental disabilities find and maintain employment and live full participating and contributing lives within the community.
- Community education and information services designed to increase public awareness and build community capacity for including people with developmental disabilities.
The Developmental Disabilities Division is also responsible for information, education, and overall coordination and planning of activities relating to services for persons with developmental disabilities. The Developmental Disabilities Division follows both the County Guidelines, and Residential Guidelines, which provide the philosophical foundation for all programs for Individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- View the Family Guide
- View the Participant Guide
- View County Guide to Achieve DDA Guiding Values
- DDA Guiding Values
Hire Ability Spokane
Hire Ability Spokane is an effort to inform the community businesses about the employment solutions available through a diverse, untapped workforce - individuals with developmental disabilities.
Click on the following link to be taken to the Hire Ability Spokane website. www.hireabilityspokane.org