- Your Government
- Offices of Elected Officials
- Crime Info
- Crime Prevention Unit
Crime Prevention Unit
About the Office
The Spokane County Sheriff's Office Crime Prevention Unit consists of two deputies and the Neighborhood Watch Coordinator. One of the deputies is assigned to the City of Spokane Valley. The Unit is committed to providing education that empowers the citizens of Spokane County to help deter crime and assist with enhancing public safety. These services are provided free of charge.
Neighborhood Watch is a program under S.C.O.P.E. (Sheriff Community Oriented Policing Effort), a 501c3 non-profit organization supporting the Sheriff's Office.
Surviving an Active Shooter Event
- Ready Houston: Run. Hide. Fight. Surviving and Active Shooter Event
- Avoid, Defy, Defend: Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events
Educational Topics and Programs
- Neighborhood Watch
- Map your neighborhood
- Disaster Preparedness
- Home and Business Security Surveys
- Safe Streets / Nuisance Abatement
- Crime Free Multi-Housing
- Fraud and Identity Theft Prevention
- Investment Fraud Prevention
- Personal Safety
- internet Safety
- McGruff the Crime Dog Programs and Child Safety
- Firearms Safety
- Robbery Prevention and Procedures
- Retail Theft Prevention
- Drug Awareness
- Terrorism Awareness and Domestic Preparedness
- Workplace Violence Prevention / Dealing with Hostile Individuals
- Emergency Response Procedures (Evacuation vs. Shelter-In-Place)
- Public Speaking
- SARA Problem Solving
For more information contact one of our deputies or the Neighborhood Watch Coordinator at 509-477-3055.
Spokane County Crime Prevention Office
The Spokane County Crime Prevention Office is located at the Spokane Valley Mall.
Enter the west end of the mall between Hop Jack's and Sears. Walk past the escalator and the Thomas Hammer kiosk. Look to the left and you will see the Sheriff's Office Substation between Sears and Vans.
Please feel free to stop by if you are in the area. We are open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., and sometimes on Saturdays, but please call to be sure we are in as our front desk is staffed by volunteers who may be unavailable due to illness or other commitments. Please give us a call at 509-893-3934.