Service of Legal Documents

The Civil Unit accepts legal documents for service, such as Notices of Small Claim, petitions for dissolution, summons, complaints and more. Due to Covid-19 and resulting delays, it can take several weeks or more before service is effected.  Our office serves Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm and we require payment of our fees in advance.

Information Needed to Serve

To more effectively assist you, we will need to know information about the person(s) to be served. Information needed includes addresses, physical description, phone numbers, hazard information, and service deadlines and requirements. You may use the Request to Serve Documents to provide us with this information. It is your responsibility to provide this information to our office. We are unable to attempt service without a valid, physical address; we cannot serve papers at a P.O. Box. It is important to note that we do not guarantee service.

Fees Charged

See the Sheriff's Fee Schedule for the current fee requirements.   

Fees are required in advance. Acceptable methods of payment are cash, check, or money order, if mailing in the paperwork, or cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card if bringing the paperwork in person. Check or money order should be made payable to "Spokane County Sheriff's Office".  Refunds may not apply regardless of completion of service.   

Mail to:

Spokane County Sheriff's Office
Attn:  Civil Division
1100 W Mallon Ave
Spokane, WA  99260

Paying a bill? Click Pay Online to pay by credit card.  You will need the Sheriff Number from your Statement of Fees letter.