Kevin D. Stewart
Court Commissioner 3
Title: Court Commissioner
Appointed: May 2nd, 2016
- Associate with John Cooney and Associates, P.S. 1994 to 1998, emphasis in criminal defense
- Partner in Bonewell, Stewart and Associates, P.S., 1998 to 2000, emphasis in criminal defense and family law
- Sole Practitioner 2000 to 2006, emphasis in family law, Title 26 GAL
- Judge Pro Tem, Spokane Municipal and District Court, April 2004 to April 2011
- Associate with Cooney Law Offices, P.S., 2006 to 2011, emphasis in family law
- Judge Pro Tem, Spokane Superior Court, June 2009 to April 2011
- Court Commissioner, Spokane Municipal Court, 2011 to 2016
- Graduate Mt. Rainier High School, 1983
- Graduate Western Washington University, BS Political Science, 1988
- Graduate Gonzaga University School of Law, JD, Magna Cum Laude, 1994
Professional Affiliations, Committees
- Family Law Executive Committee, 2007 to 2011
- Chair of the Family Law Executive Committee, 2010.
- Past member of the Spokane County Family Law Section and past vice-chair.
- SRLJC Performance Measures Subcommittee, January 2015 to April 2016.
- Spokane County Superior Court Criminal Liaison Committee, January 2015 to April 2016.
- Time with family
- Jazz & Classical music