To be a resilient community and maintain our quality of life, we all need to be informed and get involved in preparing for emergencies and disasters.
Whether you are an individual or a family of two, three, four or more people, preparedness means thinking about what steps you need to take in the event of an emergency. A few things you can do:
Click on links above or click on pages in menu to the left to review preparedness information.
- Sign up to receive alerts and warnings with ALERT Spokane
- Consider the types of hazards you might face
- Prepare supplies and make a plan
- Learn what it means to Shelter-in-Place
- Volunteer with any of the organizations involved with Public Safety
- Learn about Emergency Management's Preparedness Mission Areas to understand how the system works in times of crisis