Legal Separation

In lieu of a Petition for Dissolution, a party may petition the court for legal separation. A Petition of Legal Separation and a filing fee must first be filed at our office.  

RCW 26.09.150
Conversion of decree of legal separation to decree of dissolution

After a Decree of Legal Separation is entered, either party may motion the Court for a conversion to a Decree of Dissolution.