Applications & Forms

Current Use Timber Program (CUT)
This program is intended for lands greater than 5 acres, but less than 20 acres.

CUT Reclassification
If you no longer meet the requirements of the Farm and Agriculture Program and need to reclassify to Current Use Timber, complete the Current Use Timber Reclassification Form (PDF) and submit it to the Assessor's Office. You must also complete the Current Use Timber Application Form below.

CUT Program Application
To apply for the CUT Program, please complete the Current Use Timber Program Application (PDF) and submit it to:
Spokane County Planning
Public Works Building, 1st Floor
1026 West Broadway Avenue
Spokane, WA 99260-0050

Designated Forest Program
This program is intended for lands of at least 20 acres, plus one additional acre if there is a home site.

Designated Forest Brochure
Find definitions and requirements for the program in the Designated Forest Brochure (PDF).

Designated Forest Program Application
Please complete the Designated Forest Program Application for either Multiple Ownership (PDF) or Same Ownership (PDF), as well as a Forest Management Plan, and submit them with a $432 application fee to the Assessor’s Office.

If you have greater than 5 acres but less than 20 acres, you will need to apply for Current Use Timber through Spokane County Planning instead of the Designated Forest Program.

Designated Forest Reclassification
If you no longer qualify for designated forest and need to reclassify into Current Use Timber, complete the Designated Forest Reclassification Form (PDF) and return it to the Assessor’s office. You will also need to submit a Current Use Timber Application (PDF) to Spokane County Planning.

Designated Forest Continuation Packet
If you are purchasing a property with the land classification of (88) Designated Forest, both the buyer and seller will need to complete the Designated Forest Continuation Packet, Part One (PDF) and Part Two (PDF), prior to recording documents. Submit these documents to the Assessor’s Office.

Designated Forest Removal Request
If you want to remove your property from the Designated Forest Program, please submit the Designated Forest Removal Request Form (PDF) to the Assessor's Office.