If you have had a financial loss because of the crime, you have a right to request restitution. Restitution can be ordered at sentencing or at a restitution hearing within 180 days from the date of sentencing. Any request must have supporting documents to justify the amount such as estimations for the replacement value of the item lost. Medical bills for injuries from the crime may be covered by the Crime Victim’s Compensation  Program (CVC). Please contact the Victim/Witness Unit for a further explanation of this program. CVC does not cover loss to property.