Download the Booking, Bonds, Courts & Property brochure
Picking Up In-Custody Inmate Property at the Downtown Facility:
An inmate may only release personal property while in custody within 7 days of being booked in jail. Before an inmate can release personal property, they must get approval through the inmate request system. Once approval has been granted, inmate property can be picked up. In order to pick up property, you must be the person specified by the inmate, and you must have photo identification.
Property can be picked up at the cashier window located in the lobby of the Spokane County Jail. The cashier window is closed from 12 noon to 1:10 p.m. each day and from 5 - 7 p.m. Once you get to the jail to pick up property, you will need to wait for staff to retrieve the property. If you do not have the time to wait, please come back at a time that is more convenient for you.
Property may be picked up any time the cashier window is open.
Picking up Out-of-Custody Property:
Effective July 21, 2021 Spokane County Detentions Services will no longer store Out-of-Custody property past 30 days of release.
If the individual is being transferred to Prison, Shuttle, or another Law Enforcement Agency, you will receive a notification via email or text to pick up the property. The property will be stored in the Jail Lobby Lockers. You will be able to pick up the property at a time that is convenient for you between the hours of 7 am and 8 pm by entering the code sent to you via email or text message. If you do not receive an email or text notification, go to the window in the Jail Lobby for assistance.
Picking Up Property at Geiger Corrections Center:
You may pick up property that has been prearranged for pick-up at the A Building.
Leaving Property for an Inmate
We will accept the following property for inmates:
- Any medical item ordered by the jail physician
- Medical Coupons
- One set of Court clothing, including dress shoes, for Superior Court only if there is a jury trial or if the inmate is going to be a witness, and for Federal Court appearances. Court clothes must be approved by the Sergeant's Office.
- Prescription eye glasses
All other items must be pre-approved by a shift sergeant. Outside prescription medication is accepted, but only for verification purposes. For example physicians name, type of medication, dosage, etc. The inmate will not be allowed to have or be given medication from an outside source.
If an inmate's vehicle has been impounded, you need to call the arresting agency. Spokane County Detention Services does not have any information about impounded vehicles.
- For a city arrest, call the city desk at 509-625-4100.
- For a County arrest, call the county desk at 509-477-2240.
- For a Washington State Patrol arrest, call their office at 509-456-4101
- On weekends call, Spokane County and Spokane Valley City at 509-477-6929, or the City of Spokane at 509-477-5980.