The Spokane County CSD SCRBH (ASO) Division's mission is to assist Individuals experiencing mental illness and/or substance use challenges achieve success in their recovery journey, through the provision of high quality and a culturally responsive array of services dedicated to empowering Individuals and their families achieve safer, healthier, and more independent lives. The CSD SCRBH offers services and resources that value:
- Safety and health;
- Advancing equity and reducing disparities for all Individuals;
- Cultural diversity, inclusion, social justice and sensitivity;
- Belief that achieving wellness and recovery is Reality;
- The dignity and respect for each Individual to determine their own path;
- Active partnerships with community partners and related services to address Individuals' whole needs; and
- Promoting a purposeful, satisfying quality of life in one's own community.
The CSD SCRBH's vision is to be a leader in transforming the delivery of high-quality behavioral health care through integrated services that are equitable, accessible, and responsive to the needs of Individuals we serve.
The CSD SCRBH is dedicated to a culture of continuous quality assessment and performance improvement. Standards and goals for the crisis system are aligned with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
The CSD SCRBH is responsible for contracting and funding the following services for Individuals in Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, and Stevens counties.
- Mental Health and substance use disorder crisis services and involuntary treatment evaluations for Individuals within the Spokane RSA;
- Involuntary detentions to psychiatric facilities or secure withdrawal management and stabilization services for non-Medicaid Individuals within the Spokane RSA;
- Treatment and monitoring of non-Medicaid Individuals within the Spokane RSA who have active Lesser Restrictive Alternative (LRA) court orders or Conditional Release orders; and
- Non-crisis behavioral health services for non-Medicaid Individuals win the Spokane RSA who are at or below the two hundred twenty percent (220%) Federal Poverty Level (FPL) utilizing General Fund State (GFS) or Federal Block Grants (FBG).
The CSD SCRBH Scope
Spokane County Community Services Department (CSD), the Spokane County Regional Behavioral Health (Administrative Services Organization) (SCRBH) is a public behavioral health administrator for crisis services, including involuntary treatment act evaluations, for all regional residents. The SCRBH is also an administrator for all behavioral health services for non-Medicaid individuals on Less Restrictive Alternative Court Orders or Conditional Release, and non-crisis behavioral health services for individuals who are not Medicaid eligible and at or below the two hundred twenty percent (220%) Federal Poverty Level (FPL) in the Spokane Regional Service Area (RSA). The RSA constitutes six (6) counties in northeast Washington State, including Adams, Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane and Stevens counties. The CSD SCRBH is governed by the Spokane County Board of Commissioners (BoCC) with an inter-local agreement established in conjunction with northeast county commissioners.
The CSD SCRBH is dedicated to strengthening our communities and helping our region's most vulnerable residents achieve and maintain healthier and more independent lives in a safe environment.