Regional Benefits


Sales or Use Tax Exemption

If you purchase a vehicle while you’re stationed out of state and license it in Washington, you may not have to pay Washington State sales tax on certain types of vehicles.  

Armed Forces License Plate

The Department of Licensing offers specialty license plates for members, veterans, reservists, spouse or family members of the Armed Forces. 

Disabled American Veteran (Permanent Plate)

You may qualify for a Disabled American Veteran license plate if you’ve served in any branch of the armed forces of the United States.

For more information licensing, call one of the following:

Department of Licensing (360) 902-3770 opt #5

Department of Veteran’s Affairs (800) 827-1000 S

Spokane County Auditor’s Office (509) 477-2222


Certified copies of marriage records 

Active duty members receive certified copies of their marriage certificate at no cost.  


There is no fee to record the document or receive certified copies of a DD214 for an armed forces member. 

For more information on Recording, call Spokane County Auditor’s Office (509) 477-2780

Assessor Tax Exemption

Property Tax Reduction

Disabled Veteran or surviving spouses may qualify for a  property exemption if the applicant meets the income requirement of $40,000 or less as well as other requirements of the program. Proof of service connected disability of more than 80% is required to receive exemption. (Doctor’s Verification, Social Security Award Letter, or VA Award Letter)

For more information of tax exemptions, call Spokane County Assessor's Office (509) 477-3698