Common Reasons for Cancellation
- In the event of a contamination involving solid fecal matter and/or vomit, the pool must be cleared of patrons immediately and remain closed for 30 minutes. Aquatic staff will carefully follow all state safety guidelines, including treatment of the affected area, prior to letting patrons back into the pool.
- In the event of a contamination involving diarrhea, the pool must be cleared of patrons immediately and a 24-hour closure is required.
- Spokane County does not cancel swim team practice for rain alone. In the event of inclement weather such as cold temperatures or steady rainfall, team coaches may use their discretion to adjust practice to do land-based training if it is safe to do so.
- Pool closure is required for 30 minutes if lightning is observed or thunder heard from the facility. The 30-minute closure period restarts at each new sighting of lightning or sound of thunder.
Poor Air Quality
- Swim team practice will be cancelled when the AQI reading reaches 151 (Unhealthy) or higher as measured by the Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency. Currently the Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency reports AQI levels every hour at the :35-minute mark
- If the AQI reading at 6:35am is 151 or higher, 7:00am practice will be cancelled.
- If the AQI reading at 9:35pm is 151 or higher, 9:50am practice will be cancelled.
- If the AQI reaches 151 or above during a practice, it will be discontinued.
- For cancellations that take place before practice begins, program participants will be notified by phone and/or email. Coaches will do their best to reach program participants before they arrive at the facility, but due to the timing of some closure events this is not always possible.
- For cancellations that take place during a practice, facility staff will make announcements to participants on site.
- When pool closure occurs during a swim team practice and 50% or more of the program time for that practice time has been completed, no refunds will be issued.
- When pool closure occurs before or during a practice resulting in less than 50% of the practice taking place, pro-rated refunds will be issued to participants at the conclusion of the season. (This refund will appear back on the card used to purchase said swim team offering. Please allow 7-10 business days for refunds to post back to the account.)