A list of potential park improvement projects was put together utilizing public input obtained through the Park Plan Update (2014), the Regional Trail Plan Update (2014), as well as through feedback and input received from the general public, park neighbors, and staff. Below is a map depicting said park improvement projects. Thank you for your help in refining the park improvement project list to help guide future park improvement decisions.
Community Priorities Survey and Open House Results Report
Please review the Survey Results (PDF)
from the open house events and the online survey.
How You Helped
There were two ways in which you provided comment and suggestions on the variety of projects being proposed:
- The Survey (Closed on 3/22): 1,534 Spokane County residents completed the survey. Thank you!
- Open Houses: Thanks to all that attended the four open house events below!
- March 10th - Airway Heights Library, 4:30 - 6 p.m.
- March 11th - Moran Prairie Library, 4:30 - 6 p.m.
- March 12th - North Spokane Library, 4:30 - 6 p.m.
- March 13th - Argonne Library, 4:30 - 6 p.m.
Regional Indoor Sportsplex
Along with the list of park improvement projects, we have included an additional project for your consideration known as the Regional Sportsplex. This is a $27 million dollar multi-purpose indoor events and practice facility to be located on the north bank of Spokane’s Riverfront Park. This facility would be owned and operated by the Spokane Public Facilities District.
Learn More About the Sportsplex
Potential Park Improvement Project Map