Segregation & Mapping

Welcome to the Segregation and Mapping Department. The Segregation and Mapping Team is responsible for maintaining the Assessor’s property information and also maintaining the parcel map. 

The team is committed to providing the citizens of Spokane County with outstanding customer service. 

If you do not find an answer to your question from the information below please call the Assessor’s Office at 509-477-3698 or email us at

Important Information: 

From December 1st until early February the Segregation and Mapping Team does not complete any segregation requests. This is done so the new levy rates can be calculated and the tax rolls can be prepared for certification to the Treasury. They use this information to calculate the next year’s property taxes.  This lockout period creates a large backlog of requests and the time it takes to process a segregation request will extend to 90 – 120 days.

SCOUT Mapping and Property Information Application Disclaimer:

We are pleased to give you online access to mapping information. While we make every effort to produce and publish the most current and accurate information possible, portions of this information may not be current or correct. Neither Spokane County nor any County Department or Entity makes any warranty, express or implied, with regard to the accuracy, reliability, or timeliness of information in this system, and shall not be held liable for losses caused by using this information. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this system, does so at his or her own risk.

Special Assessment Contact Information

The Spokane County Conservation District, Noxious Weed Board, and Department of Natural Resources Forest Fire Assessment charges are determined by the organization and not the Spokane County Assessor’s Office or the Spokane County Treasurer’s Office. For billing or removal questions please contact them directly.

Spokane Conservation District
4488 E. 8th Ave.
Spokane Valley, WA 99212
 (509) 535-7274 

 Spokane County Noxious Weed Board
222 N. Havana St.
Spokane, WA 99202
 (509) 477-5777

Washington State Department of Natural Resources
Wild Fire Assessments
Contact: Nicki Henke FFPA Coordinator (360) 528-7181

  1. How do I change my property boundaries?

First contact the appropriate Building and Planning Department and get approval for your proposed changes. You will need an approved parcel to attain permits and to be compliant with zoning regulations.

All taxes for all parcels involved must be paid in full. (RCW 84.56.345) This includes first half, second half, and any delinquent taxes.

If there are multiple ownerships or property is being conveyed, then deeds need to be recorded in the Spokane County Auditor’s Office so we can correctly list ownership information. Deeds are recorded in the Spokane County Auditor’s Office.

You can submit a request for the changes to the Spokane County Assessor’s Office. Requests can be submitted in person at the Assessor’s Office in the Spokane County Courthouse or the documentation can be sent to the Segregation and Mapping Team at We will provide you with a summary page which will include the request number and list any missing requirements. If there are missing requirements the requester will have thirty days to meet them or the request will be cancelled.

  1. When is my new parcel going to be created?
  1. The bank needs the new parcel numbers to process my loan. Can you rush my request?
  1. I received a letter from the Assessor’s Office stating that deeds need to be filed or that the taxes have to be paid. What should I do?
  1. Does my request for a segregation have to be completed before I can sell my property?
  1. Building and Planning told me they need to know when my parcel was created. What should I do?
  1. Where can I find documentation of my segregation or prior segregations?
  1. The online information about my property is wrong. What should I do?
  1. I need to know the location of my property boundaries.
  1. I think my neighbor’s improvement is on my property. What should I do?
  1. Is there an easement on my property?
  1. Where can I find my deed or a copy of my plat map?
  1. Can you update my address?
  1. How do I know what quarter section my parcel is in?