Uninsured Motorist Property Damage Coverage

Uninsured motorist property damage coverage is available in some states where it is often mandatory.

This kind of auto coverage protects you if your vehicle is damaged in an accident caused by a driver who has no car insurance. Other protection afforded by this type of auto insurance coverage varies from state to state.

The amount covered by uninsured motorist property damage coverage is capped at the limit you choose when you buy your auto insurance policy. In some states, you will need to pay a deductible each time you file an auto insurance claim, but the deductible is often less than the collision deductible and bears no fault.