March 16, 2020 5:46 PM
COVID-19 Superior Court Operations
The Superior Court bench met on March 16, 2020 to discuss the court's ongoing response to the COVID-19. The court facilities will remain open but there are modifications to operations which should increase the safety of court participants and staff.
Beginning March 17, 2020, the following will occur:
• All jury trials will be suspended through April 24, 2020.
• All jurors summoned to appear through April 24, 2020 are excused.
• All bench trials will be suspended through April 13, 2020.
• The court will be relying extensively on telephonic appearances.
Please see the attached emergency order signed by Presiding Judge Clarke for specific instructions regarding hearings in Spokane Superior Court.
We continue to follow guidance from the Spokane Regional Health District to help protect the public's health. Employees and court participants should follow these recommendations while at the Courthouse:
• Increase handwashing and use of alcohol-based sanitizer
• Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette - cover a cough or a sneeze
• Keep distance from others (more than six feet, if possible)
• Frequently clean and disinfect surfaces
• Remain home during a respiratory illness