SPOKANE COUNTY, Wash -- The Spokane County Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a resolution directing $6,381,799 from the Federal American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act - through the Economic Impacts Sub- Category Long-term Housing Security: Affordable Housing (2.15), Oct. 18.
RFPs were received from numerous firms with multiple proposed areas of funding. The submitted proposals were evaluated in accordance with Spokane County established ARP policy for solicitation, selection and allocation. The proposal voted on by the Commissioners scored the highest on the matrix published with the RFP. They are:
- Spokane County Fire District 10 for $1,000,000 for entry level volunteer first responder housing
- Habitat for Humanity–Spokane for $1,700,000 for housing with an emphasis on establishing home ownership.
- Spokane Housing Authority for Hifumi-En Apartments for $1,500,000 for supportive housing units.
- Family Promise of Spokane for $181,799 for family supportive housing units
- Volunteers of America Eastern WA and Northern ID for $2,000,000 for youth and young adult supportive housing units.
Mary Kuney, Chair of the Spokane County Board of Commissioners stated, “As Commissioners, we are providing “last gap” dollars for shovel ready projects. These projects will create about 230 new affordable housing units in Spokane County over the next three years.”
Spokane County Commissioner Al French added, “These are excellent projects that not only bridge gaps in housing for our community, but also provide a path to home ownership and a way for individuals to break the cycle of generational poverty. This investment by the County will continue to pay dividends for our citizens for many years to come.”
Spokane County’s ARP website serves as a one-stop shop for all things ARP related. Visit the ARP website to learn more information about ARP funds, view Spokane County’s funding priorities, view Requests for Proposals to fulfill funding priorities, view surveys, submit informal idea funding requests, and to view current Federal compliance and reporting guidelines.