Road Construction and Maintenance Update
May 8-15, 2020
SPOKANE COUNTY, May 8, 2020 – Please slow down in construction zones and watch for flaggers.
Improve side walk & curb ramps so they are ADA compliant. There are lane restrictions in both directions, flaggers are present and there may be delays. Completed by May 22, 2020.
Bigelow Gulch Phase 5
- West Terrace Dr: from Melville Rd to Champion Ln
- West Terrace Dr: from Masters Ln to Kite Dr
- Aero Rd: from Dour St to Fruitvale Rd
- Hayford Rd: from Richland Rd to Richland Rd
The road is closed with only local access. Completed by August 31, 2020.
Euclid Rd Bridge Closure
- Progress Rd: from Forker Rd to Forker Rd. Use alternate route.
Euclid Rd Bridge is closed and a detour route is in place. The bridge is the property of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad and the project is currently in the design phase. * Euclid Rd
: from Bridge #1508 Over BNSF
to Lyons RdGeiger Boulevard-Hayford Road to Soda Road
Improvements to Geiger Blvd include roadway excavation, curb, drywells, signing, and signals. Flaggers may be present in both directions. Completed by June 30, 2020.
Mead-Mt. Spokane Sewer
- Hayford Rd: from 53rd Av to Geiger Bv
Road is open while shoulder work continues and a new traffic signal is installed at Geiger and Hayford.
- Geiger Bv: from Hayford Rd to Thomas Mallen Rd
Road is closed East of Amazon and Thomas Mallen is closed. Detour using Hayford, 53rd, Electric. Amazon access via Geiger from Hayford.
- Geiger Bv: from Thomas Mallen Rd to Soda Rd
Road is closed to through traffic. Detour using Hayford, 53rd and Electric. Amazon access via Thomas Mallen & Geiger.
Project to install sewer, manholes, and includes road reconstruction. Completed by July 31, 2020.
Mill Road-Hastings to Dartford
- Day-Mt Spokane Rd: from US-2 (Newport Hy) to US-2 (Newport Hy)
Day Mount Spokane West of HWY 2 to Freya Road is closed to through traffic.
Road is closed for reconstruction work. Local access only. Completed October 31, 2020.
PRIVATE CONTRACTOR WORK BY PERMITLiberty Lake Eastside Water Improvements
- Mill Road is closed from Hastings to Dartford. Access to local properties will be maintained. Detour using Hastings, US395, Wandermere and Dartford.
Replace water line on Neyland. Completed by September 30, 2020.
Halme Construction: (509) 725-4200
- Neyland Rd: from Lakeside Rd to Gage St
Road is closed for Water Line Replacement
Mead School District project. Completed May 27, 2020.
- Sheridan St: from Hastings Av to Hastings Av
Road and Intersection are closed
(Road maintenance projects are subject to change due to weather conditions and other road maintenance priorities)
Pothole repair, grading and street sweeping continue throughout the county. Please remember to stay 50-feet in back of heavy equipment.
For more information, go to www.spokanecounty.org/publicworks or call (509) 477-3600. The travel impacts map is available at http://www.spokanecounty.org/3828/Weekly-Travel-Impacts-Map