Road Construction and Maintenance Update
May 22-29, 2020
SPOKANE COUNTY, May 22, 2020 – As Public Works projects pick up, motorists are asked to slow down in construction zones and watch for flaggers.
Improve side walk & curb ramps so they are ADA compliant. There will be lane restriction in both directions. Flaggers may be present and possible delays. Completed on May 26, 2020.
Bigelow Gulch Phase 5
- West Terrace Dr: from Melville Rd to Champion Ln
- West Terrace Dr: from Masters Ln to Kite Dr
- Aero Rd: from Dour St to Fruitvale Rd
- Hayford Rd: from Richland Rd to Richland Rd
Road closure for excavation work. Detours in place. Local access only. Completion by August 31, 2020.
Geiger Boulevard - Hayford Road to Soda Road
- Progress Rd: from Forker Rd to Forker Rd
Improvements to Geiger Blvd. include roadway excavation, curbing, drywells, signage and signals. Flaggers may be present. Completed by June 30, 2020.
Mead - Mt. Spokane Sewer
- Hayford Rd: from 53rd Av to Geiger Bv
Road is Open. Shoulder Work. New Traffic Signal at Geiger and Hayford.
- Geiger Bv: from Hayford Rd to Thomas Mallen Rd
Road closed east of Amazon. Thomas Mallen Closed. Detour using Hayford, 53rd, Electric. Amazon access via Geiger from Hayford.
- Geiger Bv: from Thomas Mallen Rd to Soda Rd
Road Closed. Detour using Hayford, 53rd and Electric. Amazon access via Thomas Mallen & Geiger.
Project includes the installation of sewer lines, manholes, and road reconstruction. Completion July 31, 2020.
Mill Road - Hastings to Dartford
- Day-Mt Spokane Rd: from US-2 (Newport Hy) to US-2 (Newport Hy)
Road Closed: Day Mount Spokane West of HWY 2 to Freya Road closed to through Traffic
Mill Road is closed from Hastings to Dartford for road reconstruction. Local access only. Completion October 31, 2020.
PRIVATE CONTRACTOR WORK BY PERMITLiberty Lake Eastside Water Improvements
- Mill Road is closed from Hastings to Dartford. Detour using Hastings, US395, Wandermere and Dartford.
Replace water line on Neyland. Completion on September 30, 2020.
Halme Construction: (509) 725-4200
- Neyland Rd: from Lakeside Rd to Gage St
Road Closed: Road Closed for Water Line Replacement
Mead School District project. Completion May 27, 2020.
MAINTENANCE(Road maintenance projects are subject to change due to weather conditions and other road maintenance priorities)Dishman-Mica Rd
- Sheridan St: from Hastings Av to Hastings Av
Road Closed: Intersection Closed
Crack Sealing Dishman-Mica Rd between Hwy. 27 to Spokane Valley City Limits. Expect lane restrictions. Completion on May 26, 2020.
- Dishman-Mica Rd: from SR-27 to Spokane Valley City Limits
Lane Restrictions (Both Directions, All Lanes): Crack Sealing
Crews will be ditching Dunn/Laurel with a backhoe, and ditching will be done in Valley-Ford and off Spring Valley Rd. Signs will be placed and flaggers used where necessaryEuclid Rd Bridge Closure
Euclid Rd Bridge Closure Detour route in place. Work on bridge to be completed by BNSF.
- Euclid Rd: from Bridge #1508 Over BNSF to Lyons Rd
Road Closed: Euclid Rd Bridge Closure
Gravel Road Stabilization
Gravel Road Stabilization on Stevens Creek Road, signs and flaggers will be on site
Pot Hole Repair and Road Grading
Pot Hole Repair and Road Grading is being done county-wide - depending on weather conditions.
Storm Drain/Culvert Cleanout
Crews will be using a vactor in the Valley-Ford area to cleanout culverts and drywells. Motorists are asked to slow down, watch for flaggers, and use caution around the Vactor crews. Completion June 25, 2020.