Road Construction and Maintenance Update
June 5-12. 2020
SPOKANE COUNTY, June 5, 2020 – Motorists are asked to slow down in construction zones and to watch for flaggers.
Bigelow Gulch Phase 5
Road closed for excavation. Local access only through 089/31/2020.
Blanchard Creek Road
- Progress Rd: from Forker Rd to Forker Rd
Road closed – use alternate route.
Replace the existing culverts and build a new structure over Blanchard Creek: 6/14 – 10/31/2020.Geiger Boulevard - Hayford Road to Soda Road
Improvement of Geiger Road includes roadway excavation, curb, drywells, signing and signals. Completed: 06/30/2020.
Mead-Mt. Spokane Sewer
- Hayford Rd: from 53rd Av to Geiger Bv
Road is open and flaggers may be present for shoulder work. New traffic signal at Geiger and Hayford.
- Geiger Bv: from Hayford Rd to Thomas Mallen Rd
Flaggers may be present. The road is closed east of Amazon and Thomas Mallen is closed. Detour using Hayford, 53rd, Electric. Amazon access is via Geiger from Hayford.
- Geiger Bv: from Thomas Mallen Rd to Soda Rd
Road closed to through traffic. Detour using Hayford, 53rd and Electric. Amazon access is via Thomas Mallen & Geiger.
Install sewer, manholes and road reconstruction. Completed: 07/31/2020.
Mill Road- Hastings to Dartford
- Day-Mt Spokane Rd : from US-2 (Newport Hy) to US-2 (Newport Hy)
Day Mount Spokane West of HWY 2 to Freya Road closed to through traffic.
Road is closed for reconstruction with local access only. Completed: 10-31/2020.
PRIVATE CONTRACTOR WORK BY PERMITLiberty Lake Eastside Water Improvements
- Detour using Hastings, US395, Wandermere and Dartford.
Replace water line on Neyland. Completed: 09/30/2020.
Halme Construction: (509) 725-4200
MAINTENANCE - (Road maintenance projects are subject to change due to weather conditions and other road maintenance priorities)Asphalt Overlay on County Roads
- Neyland Rd: from Lakeside Rd to Gage St
Road closed for water line replacement.
Asphalt overlay on Mullinix Rd, from the Cheney City Limits on south to Martin Rd. Expect flaggers and lane restrictions. Completed: 06/11/2020.
- Mullinix Rd: from UPRR Crossing #31222 (Cheney City Limits) to Martin Rd
Asphalt overlay on Mullinix Rd, from the Cheney City Limits on south to Martin Rd. Expect flaggers and lane restrictions.
Crack Sealing on Day-Mt. Spokane Rd from Hwy. 2 to Greenbluff Rd. Completed: 06/11/2020.
- Day-Mt Spokane Rd: from US-2 (Newport Hy) to Green Bluff Rd
Lane Restrictions (Both Directions, All Lanes): Crack Sealing on Day-Mt. Spokane Rd from Hwy. 2 to Green Bluff Rd. Expect flaggers and lane restrictions.
Crack Sealing on Whitworth Drive between Hawthorne and Regina. Completed: 06/11/2020.
- Whitworth Dr: from Hawthorne Rd to Regina Av
Crack sealing on Whitworth Drive, expect lane restrictions and flaggers.
Crack sealing on Strong Road. Completed: 06/11/2020.
Euclid Rd Bridge Closure
- Strong Rd: from Spokane City Limits to Spokane City Limits
Crack sealing Strong Rd, expect lane restrictions and flaggers.
Euclid Rd Bridge closure detour route in place. Work on bridge to be completed by BNSF.
Gravel Road Stabilation
- Euclid Rd: from Bridge #1508 Over BNSF to Lyons Rd
Stevens Creek Rd, processing rock for base stabilization. Completed: 06/18/2020.
Gravel road stabilization
- Stevens Creek Rd: from End Pavement/Start Gravel to Sharon Rd
Stevens Creek Road, processing rock for stabilization. Watch for slow moving vehicles.
Prepping Gerlach Rd by grading, for base stabilization. Completed: 06/18/2020.
- Gerlach Rd: from Freya St to Orchard Rd
Grading Gerlach Rd and Orchard Rd as prep for gravel stabilization. Watch for slow moving vehicles.