How do I know when and where to go to court?
If you are a victim/witness to a crime and you must appear at trial, you will receive only one subpoena from the Spokane County Prosecuting Attorney's Office or another attorney in the case. The subpoena should state where and when you must appear. When you are subpoenaed for trial, you can check the trial message line at 509-477-2803 which is updated every Friday afternoon to see if the case is going to trial, has been continued, or has been resolved. You are normally subpoenaed to appear at the Spokane County Superior Court. Do not show up for court if you have not been contacted by the Deputy Prosecuting Attorney or the Victim/Witness Advocate advising you when to appear for your testimony.

The Victim/Witness Unit would be happy to answer any further questions you may have. You can contact the Victim/Witness Unit at 509-477-3646 or by letter.

Show All Answers

1. Will I have to testify?
2. Can I drop the charges?
3. I have bills as a result of this crime. How can I get them paid?
4. I have been threatened or contacted by the defendant. What can I do?
5. An attorney or investigator has been contacting me about the case. What should I do?
6. I gave a statement to law enforcement. Why do I have to be interviewed?
7. Can someone attend the interview with me?
8. Will the defendant go to prison or jail?
9. Can I contact the defendant?
10. How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?
11. How could the defendant plead "not guilty"? I saw him do it.
12. Can I get restitution for things such as pain, suffering, and mental anguish?
13. What is a protection order? How can I get one?
14. How do I know when and where to go to court?