What are my setbacks?

Most buildings need to be set back from front, rear, and side property lines depending on zoning and construction types.  Remember, setbacks are measured from property lines, not curb lines.  Zoning setbacks vary by zoning classification, so be sure to check with the Department to verify your property's setback requirements.  For single-family residential structures and their accessory buildings, historically to avoid unique construction requirements is to set back the building at least 5 feet from any property lines.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a building permit?
2. What construction codes are in effect in the unincorporated areas of the County?
3. What design criteria do I use for designing a building?
4. How long is my permit good for?
5. What is the basic minimum snow load for Spokane County?
6. Do I need a permit for a fence?
7. Do I need a fence around my swimming pool?
8. Is there radon in Spokane County?
9. Do I have to mitigate my home for radon?
10. How do I apply for a manufactured home permit?
11. What is an egress window and when is it required?
12. What hours can construction noise take place?
13. How do I get an address assigned to my property?
14. Where do I get my electrical permit?
15. How high can a fence be?
16. How often can you amend the Comprehensive Plan?
17. What are my setbacks?
18. What are Critical Areas?
19. What requirements apply within critical Areas?
20. Where can I find information about minimum lot sizes in Spokane County?
21. What are Critical Areas?
22. What requirements apply within Critical Areas?
23. Where can I find information about minimum lot sizes in Spokane County?
24. What is Construction Stormwater Permit Coverage?
25. How do I obtain a Food Establishment permit?