Haynes Estate Conservation Area
|Other Link||Conservation Futures Homepage|
This conservation area contains 97 acres offering riparian and upland wildlife habitats with almost 1/2 mile of relatively undisturbed shorelines along the Little Spokane River. The site is timbered with native Ponderosa pine, Douglas fir an understory; throughout the property are topographic benches, steep slopes, granite outcrops, and informal trails.
The property is located in a rapidly growing area and several roads were rough graded in anticipation of residential development. The Friends of the Little Spokane River Valley is working with Spokane County Parks, Recreation and Golf Department to develop a master plan for rehabilitation of the property.
Directions | Webcam
Leona Trailhead (Click here) | Webcam coming soon!
- Wildlife habitat
- Wildlife observation
- Nature trails
- Equestrian trails - Please note: Parking is very limited.
- Cross-country skiing
- Fishing as permitted, subject to state regulations
- Dogs can be disruptive to wildlife and must be kept on a leash at all times while in the conservation area.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted in the conservation area.
- Hunting and/or shooting are not permitted at any time in the conservation area.
- No campfires are permitted in the conservation area.
- Please respect private property. Do not disturb neighbors.